Data Privacy Statement Randstad Sourceright
When you visit our website, we collect some information related to your device, your browser and to the way you navigate our content, based on your free and informed consent.
We will use this information to help us manage our website and improve our marketing and communication strategy. Because some of this information ultimately relate to you, it is collected, handled and secured in accordance with local data protection legislation and, as per 25 May 2018, with the General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”).
Randstad Sourceright EMEA B.V., registered at Diemermere 25, Diemen, The Netherlands, also on behalf of each RSR group company, (“RSR” or “we”), is the controller of the personal data (all within the meaning of the GDPR) collected from the website www.randstadsourceright.com and its subdomains (“our website”).
Part A of this statement applies to the visitors (“visitors” or “you”) of our website.
What information will we collect?
- When you visit our website, we gather information that relates to your device, your browser and
to the way you navigate our website content, such as:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device;
- the IP address of your Internet Service Provider;
- device screen resolution;
- device type (unique device identifiers), browser and operating system versions;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display;
- the date and time of access to the website;
- the internet address from which you were directly linked through to our website, the control system that you use;
- the parts of the website that you visit;
- the pages of the website that you have visited and the information that you viewed;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked;
- information on the types of appliance that you used for your visit to the site;
- the material that you send to or download from our website.
- If you choose to download our reports or white papers, or to register to news, events, alerts, we
may ask you to fill out a form with information such as your name, e-mail address, job title and
For what purposes will we use the information related to our website visitors?
We will use information that relates to your device, your browser and the way you navigate our website content primarily to manage the website and for system administration purposes. We will use this information on an aggregated level (in a way that can no longer be related back to you) for web analytics, to help us make decisions related to the content we present and how we present it (for instance, we can present you with content that relates to RSR in the country from where you are accessing the website), in order to improve our website and provide our visitors with better browsing experience.
If you choose to download our reports or white papers or to register to news, events and alerts, we will use the information you provide us to send you the content requested, to communicate with you (including, where you agree, to send you related information that might be of your interest) and to improve our marketing and communication strategy. We may tailor our communication to you, based on the content you previously downloaded or the industry you work for, if you provide us with this information.
On what legal basis will we process information related to our visitors?
We will only collect and further process information related to you based on your informed consent and on our legitimate interest of improving our marketing and communications strategy.
How will we handle your information?
Cookies are small text files that will be stored in your device via your browser, primarily to enhance the convenience of using the website, to make visiting our website attractive and to enable certain functions. You can read more about this in our cookie statement. Web analytics refers to the analysis of website traffic and browsing trends that can help us understand how our visitors browse through our website.
In this section B we explain what personal data we collect both online and offline about potential recruits (“candidates” or “you”) for our clients and how we use this personal data.
Generally, we collect information about potential candidates through research of a number of publicly available resources, like, for example, professional information that our candidates may have posted about themselves on social network sites and job boards. We will contact potential candidates to ask if they are interested in being informed about job opportunities, to invite them to submit further information about themselves, and to ask their consent for the inclusion and verification of their data in our database and the provision of this information to our clients.
How we collect information
We collect data in a variety of ways:
- From publicly available sources on the internet. For example, we search professional social network sites and job opportunity websites for professional information that people post about themselves.
- Directly from you. We will invite you to submit information about yourself if we have identified you as being a potential candidate for a position we have been asked to fulfill for a client. We may also offer the opportunity for you to submit information to us for inclusion in our database in order to be considered as a candidate for future positions.
- Through your use of our website and your interactions with us. You may view and use our website and we may use tracking tools to collect information about your usage of our website. We may also store information about your other interactions with us, for example about any correspondence we may have with you or any interactions we may have through social media.
What information we collect
In our database, we try to include the following information about candidates:
- Current and previous job titles
- Current company
- Email address and telephone number
- City and country
- Language capabilities
- Job experience and work history
- Professional skills
- Communication between candidate and RSR
- The source of the information about the candidate
- Any other information that you provide to us and which is relevant for a specific job profile or in relation to a specific job vacancy and/or job offer.
In cases where you provide us with other information that might be considered as sensitive data (e.g. video images / race etc.), your explicit consent will be requested. we may store information based on your interactions with us.
How we use information on candidates and for what purposes
We use information about our candidates in the following ways:
- To match the professional profile we have stored of our candidates in our database to any positions we have been asked to fulfill by any of our clients, and including any related administrative use such as invoicing.
- To communicate with candidates about our services. For example, we may inform a candidate about a position that they may be interested in and/or to invite them to submit further information about themselves and/or to ask their consent to store their profile in our database and to forward it to a client.
- For marketing purposes. Candidates may be contacted with commercial offers or promotions which may be of interest to them, if they’ve agreed to receive such mailings.
- To monitor and improve our products and services. We use your information in order to monitor how our services are used (e.g. our website) and how we can improve these. We may ask our candidates to participate in market research and use and store their feedback to improve our service offerings.
- For verification and security purposes. We may use your information to monitor the data we hold about the candidates, to protect the security of our website and our database, to avoid the abuse of the information contained in it in any way and to protect the legitimate interests of the Randstad group and those of its clients against unlawful behavior.
- To comply with our legal obligations. In some instances, we may be under a legal obligation to store certain information about our candidates. For example, if we ask your consent to use certain information about you, we will store a record of your consent to comply with our requirements under data protection law.
With whom we will share your information
- Within the Randstad group of companies. The Randstad Sourceright companies are part of the Randstad Group (www.randstad.com), which is active in many countries in the world. We may share your information with other Randstad Group companies within the framework of Randstad’s global brand and marketing strategy and in relation to specific searches for suitable candidates for positions we have been asked to fill.
- Our clients. We offer sourcing and recruitment services to a wide range of clients. If we have found a suitable candidate for position we have been asked to fill by a particular client, we may provide information we have about that candidate to that client. We will only do so if the candidate has given his/her prior consent to this (if not, the information is only provided to the client in anonymous form).
- Our third party service providers. Our third party service providers who carry out certain tasks on our behalf and according to our instructions may also have access to information related to our website visitors and candidates, to the extend necessary to provide us with their services. These third parties include our IT service providers, which carry out tasks in the fields of hosting, database management, website management, maintenance services, alert services, web analyses and the handling of incoming inquiries and data analyses.
Randstad Group companies, our Clients and our third party services providers we use may have access to your personal data, the information related to your device, your browser and to the way you navigate our content in accordance with this statement from different countries, including countries outside the European Union.
For how long we will keep your information
The information we collect on a candidate (name, contact details, work experience, education, data on our interactions etc.) is available in our database for 2 years from the date on which the information was included in our database or from the date the candidate last contacted us, whichever is the latest.
The information we collect related to your device, your browser and to the way you navigate our website content for web analysis purposes is only kept on an aggregated level (in a way that can no longer be related back to you). The information you provide us when you download our reports or white papers or when you register to news, events and alerts is kept for 2 years from the date of the last contact.
Your data protection rights
You may, at any time, request us to:
- Review the information we hold about you;
- Correct this information if it is factually wrong;
- Erase your personal data or restrict the processing concerning personal data concerning to you;
- Receive the personal data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
We will deal with your request with special care to ensure your rights can be exercised effectively. We may ask you for proof of identity to ensure we are not sharing your personal data with anyone else but yourself!
You must be aware that, in particular case (for instance due to legal requirements) we may not be able to make your request effective right away. In any case, within one month from your request, we will inform you on the actions taken.
How you can withdraw your consent
If you register to receive the newsletter, company news, events and alerts, or reports, you can always withdraw your consent and opt-out from receiving further communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in each email.
You may also contact Randstad Sourceright EMEA bv at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When you make such a request, we may ask you for some additional information in order to properly check your identity (as also indicated above).
However, you must understand that withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal nor further processing of the same data under other legal basis such as contract or compliance with a legal obligation to which RSR is subject.
You can prevent your browser to store cookies in your browser settings. You can also delete the cookies from your device at any time via the browser settings.
We and our third party service providers have various security measures in place to protect the information we hold about you. For example, we use encryption, firewalls, intrusion detection software and manual security procedures to help protect the accuracy and security of the data we hold about candidates. However, the Internet is not 100% secure, and therefore we cannot promise that the transmission of data over the Internet will always be secure. We therefore encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
Links to other websites we don’t control
We may from time to time offer links on our website to other websites which we do not control. This statement does not apply to the privacy practices of those other websites. If you have a particular interest or concern regarding the way your data will be used by those other websites, you are advised to read the privacy statement on the relevant website.
How to contact us if you have any questions
If you have any questions about this Policy or any privacy concerns, or would like to request copies of the information we hold about you, please contact email@example.com, or send a letter to:
Randstad Sourceright EMEA bv
Attn. of Data Protection Officer, RSR Legal department
1112 TC Diemen
Updates of this policy
We may change our privacy practices and this policy. If we do, we will post an updated version of this document on our website. It will have a different date and version number from the one set out below. You are advised to check our site periodically for updates.
Version 6 - May 2018